httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <ab...@dial.pipex.com>
Subject Makefile suggestions?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 1999 22:31:42 GMT
I'm sure that most of you will know more about this than me, and will be
able to answer this easily..

What I want to do is to setup the Makefiles in the beos directories to act
as follows...

a)  look for the source file in the beos directory,
b)  if it's not there compile the one from the unix directory.

Makefiles aren't a particular area of expertise for me, but I've got a
solution.  It's ugly and I'm sure that someone out there will have a better,
more elegant way of doing it.

I'm starting by looking at the src/lib/apr/misc/beos sub directory, which
has only 2 files,  start.c and getopt.c.  getopt.c is identical to the one
in the unix directory so I'd like it to compile that one and remove the
version in the beos directory.

Hopefully this logic can be applied to some of the other OS's files as well.

david