httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: Apache 164 percent speed increase
Date Wed, 13 Oct 1999 01:47:45 GMT

Hi Marc...
Kevin kiley here...

> Marc writes...
>  Erm... what that command line says is that you want to connect to
>  210.210.2.40, port 3128, and get the document called
>  "/http://www.yahoo.com".  That is what the docs say, that is what a URL
>  is.

I don't know how much you know about proxy servers but can
you tell me in what near or distant universe a URL that looks
like this...

/http://www.yahoo.com

Would NOT be obviously meant as a base level URL request
for a proxy server?

Just in case you haven't used UNIX lately this is what happens
if you try to actually have a directory called http://www.yahoo.com...

# mkdir http://www.yahoo.com
mkdir: cannot make directory `http://www.yahoo.com': No such file or directory
#

Fix it if you want to... leave it alone. I don't care.

It would be nice if a program that calls itself a Server Benchmark test
could actually bench mark things that call themselves Servers though,
don't you think?

Kevin Kiley
CTO, Remote Communcations.com
http://www.RemoteCommunications.com