httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: Apache 164 percent speed increase
Date Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:24:59 GMT

In a message dated 99-10-13 13:03:44 EDT, Brian B. writes...

>  Alright, I've had it with you two.  You can keep stammering around like
>  two sycophants on a mission from God to save us from the evils of
>  uncompressed data, or you can learn to talk to us as peers and engage in
>  conversation.

I've been watching this forum long enough to know what all of you
think and I am perfectly willing to 'engage in conversation' on any
level you choose... as long as it remains productive.

Forgive me for being passionate about what I and others perceive
to be problems that need to be addressed but last time I checked
this was a 'public' forum for the improvement of a Web Server
product. If showing how that product can achieve a 164 percent
performance increase is not an attempt to improve that product
then tell me what would be?

>  This is not a contest, you do not get points for
>  winning an argument.  And most of all, this is not a forum for
>  promotion of proprietary commercial offerings.

Agreed. Who said anything about a commercial offering?
We use the word 'product' but that doesn't mean we are not
familiar with GNU and NSPL ( No String Public License ).

Sorry if we hit a nerve, Brian. You haven't had this much to say
on this forum in a long long time. Your presence and your
views are always welcome.

Kevin Kiley
CTO, Remote Communications.com
http://www.RemoteCommunications.com