httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: Apache 164 percent speed increase
Date Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:20:04 GMT

> "Sometimes the best move is .... not to play" - W.O.P.R., "Wargames"
>
>   Brian

Hmmm... 'not to play'...
Sounds like the current attitude towards compressing
content and saving time, money and bandwidth.

Fortunately we have decided to 'play'.

Real-time content reduction is GOING to become a
priority my friend.... sooner than you think.

It is inexplicable why it all wasn't put in place in
the first place. Now it's just a problem that
should/must be dealt with.

And as long as we are quoting movies how about this
from Jimmy Cagney classic...

'You can come quietly... or you can make it hard on yourself...
which do you choose?'

Or perhaps this one from 'The Original Rocket Man...'

You can usually recover from production flaws but you can
never fully recover from a bad design.

Werner Von Braun... the man who took us to the moon.

Kevin Kiley
CTO, Remote Communications.com
http://www.RemoteCommunications.com
RCTPDS real-time online document compression server
http://www.rctp.com