Return-Path: Delivered-To: new-httpd-archive@hyperreal.org Received: (qmail 19942 invoked by uid 6000); 7 Sep 1999 22:30:54 -0000 Received: (qmail 19737 invoked from network); 7 Sep 1999 22:30:38 -0000 Received: from eastwood.aldigital.algroup.co.uk (194.128.162.193) by taz.hyperreal.org with SMTP; 7 Sep 1999 22:30:38 -0000 Received: from freeby.ben.algroup.co.uk (freeby.ben.algroup.co.uk [193.133.15.6]) by eastwood.aldigital.algroup.co.uk (8.8.8/8.6.12) with ESMTP id WAA12996; Tue, 7 Sep 1999 22:29:51 GMT Received: from algroup.co.uk (naughty.ben.algroup.co.uk [193.133.15.107]) by freeby.ben.algroup.co.uk (8.6.12/8.6.12) with ESMTP id XAA09911; Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:30:17 +0100 Message-ID: <37D591DE.10BCC157@algroup.co.uk> Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 23:29:50 +0100 From: Ben Laurie Organization: A.L. Group plc X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.6 [en-gb] (WinNT; I) MIME-Version: 1.0 To: new-httpd@apache.org CC: apache-docs@apache.org, gui-dev@apache.org Subject: Re: Strawman XML References: Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: new-httpd-owner@apache.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: new-httpd@apache.org Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote: > > As a sequel on the previous question.. "has anyone parsed/recorded the > apache documentation into a semantic format (such as one could use > for the configurators) or automatic generation of, say a PDF version of > the documents ??".. here is a followup: > > Does anyone see great error or fundamental wrongs with the attached > strawman ? It is the result of half an hour of perl hacking and 10 minutes > of touch up. The script more or less works for all module mod_*.html > files. The example below should be complete; i.e. there is no information > lost in the transformation; and the orignal HTML can be reconstructed. > > I'd like to hear some noice from people writing configurators, just to see > where they are heading.. and from people thinking of improving the doc's, > having multiple language variants, etc. > > Dw > > > > Apache module mod_auth > > > This module is contained in the mod_auth.c file, and > is compiled in by default. It provides for user authentication using > textual files. > > > De mod_auth module voorziet in toegangs controle op basis van text > bestanden met gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord gegevens. >

> Deze code voor deze module bevindt zich in het bestand mod_auth.c > en maakt deel uit van de groep die standaard mee gecompileerd > wordt. >

> > > AuthGroupFile > > > > > AuthGroupFile filename > This can't be right: the description for the whole line is nested within a single argument. > > > directory, .htaccess > > > AuthConfig > > > Base > > > mod_auth > > > The AuthGroupFile directive sets the name of a textual file containing the list > of user groups for user authentication. Filename is the path Filename should be a reference to the argument (forgot how you do that in XML). Not sure about including things like at all, anyway. > to the group file. If it is not absolute (i.e., if it > doesn't begin with a slash), it is treated as relative to the ServerRoot. >

> Each line of the group file contains a groupname followed by a colon, followed > by the member usernames separated by spaces. > > mygroup: bob joe anne > > Note that searching large text files is very inefficient; > AuthName, XML refs, not HTML refs, surely? > AuthType > AuthUserFile > > > > AuthUserFile > > > > AuthUserFile filename > > > Same problem as above > > directory, .htaccess > > > AuthConfig > > > Base > > > mod_auth > > > The AuthUserFile directive sets the name of a textual file containing > the list of users and passwords for user > authentication. Filename is the path to the user > file. If it is not absolute (i.e., if it doesn't begin with a > slash), it is treated as relative to the ServerRoot. >

> Each line of the user file file contains a username followed > by a colon, followed by the crypt() encrypted password. The behavior > of multiple occurrences of the same user is undefined. >

> The utility htpasswd which is installed as part of the > binary distribution, or which can be found in src/support, > is used to maintain this password file. See the man > page for more details. > > htpasswd -c Filename username
> Create a password file 'Filename' with 'username' > as the initial ID. It will prompt for the password. > htpasswd Filename username2
> Adds or modifies in password file 'Filename' the 'username'. >

Note that > searching large text files is very inefficient; > should be used instead. >