httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Zeev Suraski <bour...@netvision.net.il>
Subject Re: Which thread/process
Date Sat, 11 Sep 1999 10:13:38 GMT
On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> > I suggest adding an index field to conn_rec. This number is set by
> > the MPM after ap_new_connection is called. This way, mod_cgid can work
> > properly even in an asynchronous threaded server.
> >
> > I'm guessing this field would be useful to other modules as well.
> > PHP4's TSRM could possibly derive the indices it uses from
> > conn_rec->index.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> That would work for us.

As far as I recall, that's what Dean wanted to do in the first place.
Our problem with it remains as it was - we don't have any access to the
conn_rec structure from TSRM.  We'll have to figure out a solution once
Apache 2.0 materializes a bit more.

Generally, I doubt we'd be able to use anything Apache-specific in TSRM,
unless Apache will provide a globally-callable function to get a static &
unique id for the current request.  If that doesn't happen, we'll probably
have to use pthread_self() or something similar, and give up running on
some of the mpm hybrids.

Zeev

Zeev Suraski <zeev@zend.com>     http://www.zend.com/
For a PGP public key, finger bourbon@netvision.net.il