httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Out of space again.
Date Mon, 06 Sep 1999 18:45:07 GMT
On Sat, 4 Sep 1999, Marcus Butler wrote:
> Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> >
> > F*(&% named dumping core, or at least some big debugging file.
>
>  Is it dumping core, or is it dumping a datafile?  I couldn't say
> exactly what bind is doing without looking at the named.conf file.
> Named will typically only dump debugging information if you start it
> with the '-d' flag.  It can also dump some caching information, but
> that tends to be rather small.

It's actually not a core file, it's a load of debugging output.  I'm not
starting it with -d.  The data appears all at once - it's not slowly
logging, but within minutes will create a file and fill it as much as
possible.  Next time it happens I'll try and save some of the lines from
it.

The only non-"zone" sections of my named.conf are:

  options {
          directory "/etc/namedb";
  };

  logging {
          category cname { null; };
          category lame-servers { null; };
  };

That dir is where the debugging file is dumped.

The OS is FreeBSD 2.2.8.

	Brian