httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Building APR on solaris
Date Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:04:14 GMT
> File: /src/lib/apr/include/apr_lib.h
> 78a79,82
> >
> > #ifdef WIN32
> > #include "../include/hsregex.h"
> > #elif defined(USE_HSREGEX)
> 79a84,89
> > #else
> > #include <regex.h>
> > #endif
> >
> > /* #include "hsregex.h" */
> >

> ( if USE_HSREGEX is not defined, both regex and hsregex will be included,
> regex in ap_config.h and hsregex in apr_lib )

The proper way to fix this, is to do the proper check for HSREGEX in APR
onfigure script.  This isn't hard to do, and hopefully I'll get to it next
week sometime.  I disagree that the pool-regex stuff should be moved up to
Apache.  Apache shouldn't need to worry about which regex lib it's using,
it should just use whatever APR provides it with.

> File: src/lib/apr/locks/unix/locks.h
> 72a73
> > #include <sys/fcntl.h>
>
> ( for struct  flock )
>
> On Linux: it works with EXTRA_LIBS=-lpthread
> It would be nice to have it detected by configure, but I have no ideea
> how to do it, there are far too many configure files :-)

This should be a simple problem as well, The proper configuration file to
use configure.in in the apr directory.  Again, I can get to this next week
sometime.

> Also, htpasswd doesn't build ( missing ap_sha1_base64 ).

I would need to look into this.  I think htpasswd should be converted to
use APR, just like htdigest was.  This just needs to be done.

> All are minor problems, but it would be nice if someone
> can check in the changes.

As I have said before, send the diffs, or wait until I can get to it next
week.  Unless somebody wants to do it before I get back.  I am just
checking e-mail for the rest of the week.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd