httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: APR cleanup status?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:29:53 GMT

> But what does an error mean during a cleanup?

That depends on the function.  If I am closing a file descriptor, I can at
the very least get EBADF.  I think that is a relatively important error to
acknowledge, because it most likely means that there is a bug in our code
somewhere.

> Is that wise? I suppose it makes sense, but which one do you call? And,
> I presume you mean "I call the function that is registered as the
> cleanup" when you say "I call the same function that is used for
> registering the cleanup"?

Why wouldn't it be wise?  If I wrote the code to close a file and free the
memory properly, why not use it everyplace I want to close the file and
free the memory.  I call which ever function makes sense for what I am
doing.  Most of the APR types only have one cleanup routine.  For those
that have moer than one, I determine which cleanup to call based on why I
am closing things.  I hope that makes sense.

And yes, you interpreted my meaning properly.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd