httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/include apr_lib.h
Date Wed, 01 Sep 1999 13:11:41 GMT

Ok, the problem is with the ap_popen* changes that needed to be made to
get Apache to compile cleanly with APR.  Basically, the correct fix, is to
modify the ap_popen functions to use APR types, which ARE portable, rather
than having each of these functions use different types on different
systems.  I'll be working on this for the next few days, but I don't
expect this stuff to work on Windows for a while (read a week or two).

Sorry to all you windows hackers, but that's just the way things are right
now.

Ryan

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Ryan Bloom wrote:
> >
> > This is a REALLY bad idea.  This requires that anybody who wants to use
> > APR have the source on their system.
> Yes it does. And hopefully it can be fixed. At least it works better
> than it did. I would like to know how you got this code working on WIN32
> w/o readdir.h. And dirent.h doesn't exist on Windows.
>
> --
> Bill Stoddard
> stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com