httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Apache using apr.
Date Tue, 07 Sep 1999 23:03:57 GMT

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Greg Stein wrote:

> We should use contexts so that the user data can be carried around. Dean
> suggested added a void* to the pool structure. That is a bit silly as
> that means pools are no longer just memory handling types, but include
> other stuff. The best label to apply for that case is "context".

note if you see my other post about supporting all types of allocation
within one pool you'll see that it'd be cool for the different allocators
to have a void * that they can allocate within the pool...

and as far as usage for the void *, we need some sort of unique identifier
for each user of the pool.  ken suggested the module number method, but of
course that doesn't work within APR, because modules are an apache thing.

Dean