httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Koen Holtman <Koen.Holt...@cern.ch>
Subject Re: "Apache Server Commentary" book
Date Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:24:47 GMT

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Marc Slemko wrote:

> Subtitle: Guide to Insider's Knowledge on Apache Server Code
>
> http://www.coriolis.com/bookstore/bookdetail.cfm?id=1576104680
>
> Hmm.  Not entirely sure what to think about it, especially without seeing
> it.  Wonder about the "Insider's Knowledge" bit.  Wouldn't "Insider's
> Knowledge" require being an "insider", whatever that is?

The power of open source at work!  Everybody can become an insider
by reading the source.

Reading the web page I think the major feature of the book is:

 o Includes extensive cross-referencing and architectural flow charts to
   enhance understanding of the structure of the [apache source] code.

Sure sounds useful, though I have yet to see the book of course.

Koen.