httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Interesting Problem Report
Date Tue, 28 Sep 1999 17:04:22 GMT

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> Anybody have a clue on this one?

Hmm, any special modules ? What is MaxRequestPerChild set to?

Though it _should_ not leak with this setup, it well might.

Plus specicially with 2.2.5-22 et.al. I've seen the TCP stack crapping;
both on closing of connections and when a new one comes in some linear?
search getting slowly synced up when the load is more or less regular and
then getting inefficient at finding the holes and arranging the queue. So
then 1 out of X times the connection thus fails. Because it is out of the
window.

Unfortunetely my last customer only wanted me to fix it, so we moved to
freebsd :-(, and we never had the time to really investigate. It was not
seen again on later installations.

Dw.