httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.9 Released!
Date Thu, 02 Sep 1999 14:14:54 GMT
Michael Long <mlong@InfoAve.Net> wrote:

>I have a comment, or a feature request I guess.
>
>The mass virtual hosting sounds great, but what if site B wants a special
>redirect, or site C wants custom errordocs, or site C needs a special
>scriptalias.

Some of that can be done by using .htaccess files appropriately
(redirects and error docs), but special cases should be handled with
normal <VirtualHost> sections.

Replacing the hard-coded /cgi-bin/ with something more flexible in the
VirtualScriptAlias code shouldn't be too hard if you really want that
functionality :-)

>If all sites are controlled by one virtual host directive, is it possible
>to add regular ones below it that would override?

Yes. There's a related example at
	http://www.apache.org/docs/vhosts/mass.html#combinations

Tony.
--