httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Nestable config directives.
Date Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:06:36 GMT

Immediate gratification: preprocess that config file prior to server starts
using m4 or perl.  Curiously once I started doing that I found more and more
uses for this gimick - "I think I'm happy."

Adding new "containers" like <LocationMatch> or your <DataStore..> may
not be possible without laying into http_core.c where all the standard
ones are currently defined.  I don't know, I've never tried it.

I did once try to do a module specific include file gimick and found
that not quite enough of the config file reader/parser mechinism exported
to let me leverage it, so I wrote my own.

 - ben