httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Building APR on solaris
Date Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:52:59 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> OK.  +1 if somebody wants to remove regex from APR.  It's not on my list.
> Far too much going on in my life to bother making this change right now.
> I may get to it in a few weeks if nobody does it before me.

Changing APR is one thing, including a small ifdef in a header is another.
I sent you the diff - it's a conflict between ap_config.h and apr_lib.h, and
it will not compile on any platform that has regex.h. One includes hsregex.h,

and the other checks if USE_HSREGEX is defined and includes regex.h
if not. USE_HSREGEX is a compile option - if someone wants the native
library it should be allowed to...

It's not very important - but if it's a "portable runtime" it should at least

compile.

Regards,
Costin