httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Proposal: new CVS module for httpd docs
Date Wed, 08 Sep 1999 13:22:43 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I also like the idea of creating a sandbox source repository.
> I question making the sandbox have more lenient access rights.
> Why would somebody get commit access to the sandbox, but not
> the actual tree?

As a place where they can earn 'merit' by showing their
code is good, they're thoughtful of consequences, they
play well with others, and their minds are, um, stable. :-)

This is currently done by people submitting patches to the
list or the bugdb, but I'm personally convinced that this
path to merit-earning has suffered somewhat since we went
to CTR and a non-manually-maintained-&-mailed STATUS.

Once they've shown they won't egregiously break the development
tree by committing ill-considered patches, by 'playing nice'
in the sandbox, then they can get access to the development
tree as well.

Does this sound terribly elitist? :-/
--
#ken    P-)}