httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: IE5 errordocument handling
Date Tue, 07 Sep 1999 10:19:58 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> I believe there was even a patch that went into Apache
> to automatically increase the error response/document
> length based on some configuration directive.

No, this was never done; I think you may be confusing it
with the boundary-condition, aniGIF, or excessive header
field length patches.

Puffing up a response by as much as half a K because a
client is lame rather strikes me as, well, lame.  But
we've done it before.  We could do it again, but only
for the default messages.  ErrorDocument responses would
be on their own to do their own puffing.

Changing the status value is definitely not on.
--
#ken    P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://ASFD.MeepZor.Com/>