httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: IE5 errordocument handling
Date Mon, 06 Sep 1999 22:07:52 GMT
I believe there was even a patch that went into Apache to automatically
increase the error response/document length based on some configuration
directive.

It is also interesting to point out that returning "200 OK" is probably
a Bad Thing. You could confuse proxies and browser caches by doing that.

IMO, I like IE5's behavior because the heuristic they chose can actually
supply something nice/useful, instead of Apache's terse 404 response.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/