httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Questions on ap_process_request()...
Date Fri, 24 Sep 1999 07:00:42 GMT
On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 02:42:07PM -0700, Chris Schmechel wrote:
> I'm trying to get familiar with the Apache 1.3.X sourcebase
> and had a couple of questions:

You might want to consider checking out the 2.0 tree as well if you're
interested in what the future will look like.

> I've been looking at the main ap_process_request() loop and it
> calls process_request_internal() which seems to do all the parsing,
> etc.  Where exactly (or what function) does the HTTP response get
> written out to the socket?

Well, the functions that actually write to the socket are in buff.c.
Check out ap_bwrite. If you're looking for something higher-level,
look at default_handler in http_core.c. But, since Apache is an HTTP
server, it's really hard to narrow it down too far. :)