httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Building APR.
Date Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:33:33 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.4.04.9909130930220.19469-100000@chosondo.raleigh.ibm.com> you wrote:

> There are some major bugs with building APR the way we currently are.
>
> We never run autoheader/autoconf/configure during the build.

And we never should run autoheader or autoconf do, of course. The build
procedure is for end users and end users cannot accept to have autoconf and
friends installed.  But "configure" _IS_ run by src/Configure - see my recent
changes.

> Because of this, we aren't building Makefiles or all of our header
> files.  This is true of both Configure and configure.

Either I'm crazy now or you missed a "cvs update".  src/Configure runs
src/lib/apr/configure and this way also APACI's configure uses it.

> Until this is fixed, each user must still build APR before trying to build
> Apache.

No, that's not correct IMO. It works fine for me..... Hmmm...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com