httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Which thread/process
Date Mon, 13 Sep 1999 07:11:10 GMT

On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 12:13:38PM +0200, Zeev Suraski wrote:
> As far as I recall, that's what Dean wanted to do in the first place.
> Our problem with it remains as it was - we don't have any access to the
> conn_rec structure from TSRM.

I haven't thought about this too much yet, but I think one possibility
in this case is to split the functionality of ts_allocate_id.  Right
now, it generates a new ID, and sets aside the space for it.  Instead,
let the application supply the new ID. ts_allocate_id would become
more like ts_register_id. PHP proper should be able to dig out the
connection ID and pass it to TSRM pretty easily.

"This letter is clearly the result of too much spinning." -- The Tick