httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Hess" <sc...@avantgo.com>
Subject Nestable config directives.
Date Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:59:59 GMT
For a module I'm working on, it would be convenient if I could group config
directives in groups that are in no way related to the request.  Say that
there are multiple datastores, I'd like to be able to do something like:

<Datastore coredata>
    # A bunch of config directives for my module
</Datastore>

<Datastore transientdata>
    # A bunch of config directives, which may or may not be the same as
above
</Datastore>

Datastores coredata transientdata

The above is just a taste of what I want - but the core notion is that I'd
like to be able to group a bunch of directives in such a way that they can
travel as a group, rather than just being a bunch of directives which
coincidentally relate to each other.  Also, each group should be distinct
(just as a Directory or Location directive), so that if I use the same
config directive in one config group as another, they don't conflict.

All I can think of right now would be to have a sentinel directive.  When
that directive is hit, bundle up all of the prior results and start a new
result set.  But that's overly reliant on how Apache orders config
processing.

Ideas?  [If this should be obvious, _please_ point me at an example.  I've
scoured the code and the website.]

Thanks,
scott