httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache 2000, err Apache 2.0 gets real
Date Mon, 02 Aug 1999 13:44:27 GMT
> > It would be nice if this could be tagged intelligently to make it easier
> > to auto-generate a reference guide directly from it, although I
> > suppose looking for /* *** like you said would work.  Also, it might be an
> > idea to stick {{{ and }}} around each function for those of us with
> > folding editors.  If it was turned into /* {{{ APR function prototype
> > and added a /* }}} */ to the end of each, Emacs weenies with folding
> > enabled would open up a file and see a nice list of function prototypes
> > instead of reams of code.  You then just expand the function you want to
> > work on.  vim will support this very soon as well if it doesn't already.
>
> Ooo, so how do you do that, then?

I am not an Emacs guy, although this feature almost pushed me to Emacs
until I (and others) convinced the vim folks to make this a high priority
in the next version of vim.

But, for Emacs, you need the macro named 'folding' to do this.  At the top
of my folding.el file it says:

;; LCD Archive Entry:
;; folding|Jamie Lokier|u90jl@ecs.ox.ac.uk|
;; A folding-editor-like minor mode.|
;; 93-06-8|1.6|~/modes/folding.el.gz|

You should be able to dig it out based on that.

-Rasmus