httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2000, err Apache 2.0 gets real
Date Mon, 02 Aug 1999 13:27:32 GMT
> Basically, I have decided to go real simple with APR, and each function's
> docs look like:
>
> /* ***APR**********************************************************
>  * Function prototype
>  *    Quick and dirty description
>  * argument description
>  * Any Notes required.  Quirky behavior, anything I felt was important to
>  * document.
>  */

It would be nice if this could be tagged intelligently to make it easier
to auto-generate a reference guide directly from it, although I
suppose looking for /* *** like you said would work.  Also, it might be an
idea to stick {{{ and }}} around each function for those of us with
folding editors.  If it was turned into /* {{{ APR function prototype
and added a /* }}} */ to the end of each, Emacs weenies with folding
enabled would open up a file and see a nice list of function prototypes
instead of reams of code.  You then just expand the function you want to
work on.  vim will support this very soon as well if it doesn't already.

-Rasmus