httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2000, err Apache 2.0 gets real
Date Sun, 01 Aug 1999 14:19:43 GMT
> Yeah, sure. If we decide that each module gets its own subdir and Makefile,
> Automake becomes more interesting. At least when you still can live with the
> fact that Automake's generated Makefiles are not really nice ones ;).

Who cares?  autoconf also generates a butt-ugly ./configure script.  I
don't see why it matters what the generated files look like.  What matters
is that the source files are easily understood and thus easy to maintain.
The current src/support/apxs.pl and the generated apxs script aren't
exactly works of art either.

> With large source trees I usually mean source trees with 20 or more
> subdirs.

Apache grew beyond that ages ago.

-Rasmus