httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "R.J. Kraaij" <terdu...@worldonline.nl>
Subject RE: IE5 errordocument handling
Date Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:11:43 GMT
Let us pray there are no proxy's in the world based on the ie5 engine...

If, Once, in a while, somebody, is using a proxy, which fakes that he's
ie5, or, actualy , is , using the ie5 engine, this solution might give a
lot of unwanted results.

And Yes..i was running one of our caches, faking around the world that he
was ie5, so there might be others fools like me around.

I think staying at 404, and enlarging the response over the (300bytes was
it ?) bytes, so that ie5 understands that there realy is a helpfull
documentcoming is a better solution, then reporting a 200 OK.

i vaguely remember a discussion about this, some months ago.

 - Reinder Kraaij.