httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tani Hosokawa <unkn...@riverstyx.net>
Subject Re: 1.3.8: One more bug...
Date Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:24:46 GMT
Why not just put out 1.3.8-dev2 and have another 72 hour period?  It's
like a beta cycle, only not.  And why didn't you use a beta cycle?  Like
you're saying, it's not like there's any major reason to kick the new
versions out ASAP.

As a server admin, I much prefer the slow and steady stable development
track to the Microsoft-esque fast track.

Just my two bits...

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> >No more turd polishing, please, people.  One more confusion
> in this and I'm going to declare 1.3.8 a total loss, and
> >we go to 1.3.9.
>
> 1.3.8 already went out to the testers.  There should not be any
> retagging at all.  If there are problems, 1.3.8 doesn't get released
> and we move to 1.3.9.
>
> I really don't like all this screwing around with the release timing.
> It takes 36 hours to give all the right people enough time to evaluate
> a question or test a HEAD or test a tarball.  Squeezing any of those
> decisions into "enough time for three +1s" misses the whole point.
> When we start making sales promises about release dates, we can
> start worrying about rushing a release.
>
> ....Roy

---
tani hosokawa