httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: win NT fork.
Date Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:38:24 GMT

I should speak to the right people before I post messages like this.  It
turns out, Perl 5.6 on NT will have fork, but it will be at the
interpreter level.  They will be using a thread to emulate fork.  This
isn't good enough for us, so we are back to square one.  :)

Ryan

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Bill Jones wrote:

> > I'm at the O'Reilly Open Source convention, and I have been told that Perl
> > 5.6 on NT will have an actual fork call.  I downloaded the dev tar ball,
> > and made a really quick search through it, but I didn't find the code.  I
> > will devote more time to this next week, but if somebody wants to beat me
> > to it, having fork on NT inside APR would be really great.
>
> ActiveState and Microsoft were footing the bill for the
> development - but I didn't think it was that close to release...
>
> -Sneex-  :]

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd