httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Moving APR files.
Date Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:02:03 GMT

I would like to see the master moved into apache-2.0 for now, and then
split out into it's own apr repository later.  This is basically for
Apache developer's convenience.  I can see a lot of changes going into APR
while we are doing to APR'izing, and I would rather only have to update
one tree, instead of 2.0 and apr.

This also means, APR developers don't have to try to sync up to copies
while we are trying to port Apache to use APR.  Plus, there are some files
that really need to be moved around, and this seems like as logical a time
to do it as any.

Finally, I would suggest that when we finally move APR into it's own
repository, hopefully, once Apache-2.0 is stable, it be called apr/, not
apache-apr.  APR and apache are two different products, and there is no
reason to tie their names together.

I want to stress that the only reason I want to see the APR in 2.0 be
the master, is because I believe it should be split out from the 2.0 tree
AS SOOON AS the Apache tree is stable enough to serve pages.  Preferably,
either that day or the next day.

Ryan

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.04.9908171026420.8687-100000@chosondo.raleigh.ibm.com> you
wrote:

> > Since a new APR'ized mpm tree wil require the APR files, I would like to
> > move them all to mpm/src/lib.
>
> As a particular copy: ok. As the master this seems to be against the original
> idea of being a stand-alone package. I think it already is located fine in
> apache-apr....hmmm...
>                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
>                                        rse@engelschall.com

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com