httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Win 95 and 98.
Date Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:54:25 GMT

I would like to consider no longer supporting 95 and 98 on Apache 2.0.  Of
course, we will do anything possible to make these platforms work, but MS
doesn't consider these to be server platforms.  Why do we continue totell
people Apache works on them.

I suggest that in 2.0, we put in a warning, basically saying that Apache
is no longer a Beta on NT, but that on 95 and 98, we make no garauntees.
It will work to the best of our abilities, but if it is slow, or doesn't
have all the options, there is nothing we can do about it.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd