httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/mpm/src/modules/mpm/winnt winnt.c
Date Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:11:20 GMT

I don't see why this algorithm should be used for the AsIO mpm.  HAving
never looked at that code, it would make more sense to me, to have the
AsIO mpm use

conn_id = child_num + next_conn_id_num.

Where, the conn_id num, is kept track of my the accepting socket.  Of
course, this all relies on my understanding of the AsIO mpm, which is
shaky at best.  I really do have to devote some time to re-learning Apache
at some point.  :-)  I've been stuck in APR too long.

Ryan

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Martin Kraemer wrote:

> >   Add a connection ID to conn_rec. It uniquely identifies a connection at
> >   any instant in time. It's not very well tested yet.

> >   +    long conn_id = child_num * HARD_THREAD_LIMIT + thread_num;
>
> Won't this make Asynch I/O difficult? The intention of AsIO worker threads
> was to make it possible to pass work on one connection to a different
> thread (for completion). But in the mean time (while the worker thread
> continued work on the original connection), the original thread could
> accept a new connection (__and get the same conn_id__).
>
> Just a thought.
>     Martin
> --
> <Martin.Kraemer@MchP.Siemens.De>      |        Siemens Information and
> Phone: +49-89-636-46021               |        Communication  Products
> FAX:   +49-89-636-47816               |        81730  Munich,  Germany

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd