httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Chunking static data?
Date Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:08:21 GMT

It seems that at times, we are chunking static data.  I know that the
current www.apache.org homepage is being chunked, but I didn't see any
reason it should be.  Of course, it was a really quick scan.  I have
looked at the code and there are some comments about an undesired side
effect, but I didn't really grok the comment.  The chunked data is causing
problems for a 1.1 compliant proxy, because they have to munge the
response before they can pass it back to the requesting client, even
though the chunking wasn't really needed.

Just trying to determine if this is a bug or intended behavior.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd