httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Apache/pthread and locking problem
Date Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:45:36 GMT

The Apache/pthread stuff was developed under Linux.  It has worked in the
past on FreeBSD.  Which version of FreeBSD are you using?  Which locking
mechanism are you using?  I am assuming you are using the poll/accept
model, and not the fd-queue model.  Can you send me a stack-trace of the
lock?

Thanks,

Ryan

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> The last days I've played a little bit with the apache-pthread stuff and got
> it running under FreeBSD with the vendor pthread library (uthread) after
> linking in my poll(2) emulation library which is based on select(2). But I got
> it running only in standalone-mode (-X). There the beast works fine.  But in
> standard mode (not -X) I see some sort of locking problem. The connection is
> accepted and then it blocks forever. Interesting is that when I drop the
> connection and once the same child gets another request it seems to unblock
> and process something (at least ktrace shows then the request body).
>
> So, was someone able to run this beast under any non-AIX platform?  Can
> someone of the apache-pthread guys check the locking stuff?  I think there is
> a bug. I think this especially, because exactly the same problem also exists
> when I use a completely different pthread library (I used Pth and PMP).
>
> Has anybody a clue where I should look or do I have to debug it deeper?
>
>                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
>                                        rse@engelschall.com

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd