httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Get rid of child_num, thread_num in MPM's conn_rec?
Date Tue, 03 Aug 1999 23:30:29 GMT

Until we have replaced the scoreboard function, I would rather we didn't
take it out of the mpm's completely.  Those two fields are not being used,
because we aren't using the scoreboard, but we will need some way to
identify which child and which thread we are talking about if/when we put
back in the scoreboard stuff.  I put it in the conn_rec, because that is
where it was originally.  I say leave it until we come up with a valid way
to replace the scoreboard in 2.0.

Ryan

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> Any objection to getting rid of child_num and thread_num in the
> conn_rec for MPM? conn_rec is really the wrong place for this stuff,
> and it appears that no code is actually using those fields anymore.
>
> Patch is attached (OS/2 MPM isn't tested).
>
> --
> Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
> IBM, Apache Development

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com