httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2000, err Apache 2.0 gets real
Date Mon, 02 Aug 1999 13:28:40 GMT
On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> > Basically, I have decided to go real simple with APR, and each function's
> > docs look like:
> >
> > /* ***APR**********************************************************
> >  * Function prototype
> >  *    Quick and dirty description
> >  * argument description
> >  * Any Notes required.  Quirky behavior, anything I felt was important to
> >  * document.
> >  */
>
> It would be nice if this could be tagged intelligently to make it easier
> to auto-generate a reference guide directly from it, although I
> suppose looking for /* *** like you said would work.  Also, it might be an
> idea to stick {{{ and }}} around each function for those of us with
> folding editors.  If it was turned into /* {{{ APR function prototype
> and added a /* }}} */ to the end of each, Emacs weenies with folding
> enabled would open up a file and see a nice list of function prototypes
> instead of reams of code.  You then just expand the function you want to
> work on.  vim will support this very soon as well if it doesn't already.

Good idea, I'll change the /* *** to /* {{{ later today, and add the
/* }}} */ as well.  Just to make sure I've got what you want right, it
will look like:

/* {{{ APR ap_open(...)
 * docs for args and notes
 */
 ap_open(...)
 {  Code for ap_open;
 }
/* }}} */

Is that right?

I'll leave the ability to add the <HTML> tags in, but I won't get to it
today.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd