httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Get rid of child_num, thread_num in MPM's conn_rec?
Date Wed, 04 Aug 1999 00:02:01 GMT
On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> Any objection to getting rid of child_num and thread_num in the
> conn_rec for MPM? conn_rec is really the wrong place for this stuff,
> and it appears that no code is actually using those fields anymore.

Yes, please get rid of them.

As to putting scoreboard functionality into mpm ... I'm really torn --
because the 1.3 scoreboard is not only intimately related to the process
model, it's also intimately related to the protocol being served.  Whereas
mpm abstracts both of those.

Handling the multiple process models isn't so bad with a
get_first/get_next interface like I suggested a while back.

Handling arbitrary protocols... yuck.

I think the SNMP module also needs to add functions to the scoreboard...
which is pretty much the same problem as handling arbitrary protocols.

Dean