httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: Where to start the Apache 2.0 code base
Date Mon, 02 Aug 1999 21:34:57 GMT

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> The approches are at odds with each other. IMHO it will be easier to
> merge 1.3.8 changes into the apache-mpm/2.0 tree than the otherway
> around.

agreed.  actions > words, camp 1's job is trivial compared to camp 2's
job, and no progress can be made while we wait for camp 2.

> How important is it to maintain history? I don't see much point in it.

> Lets move apache-mpm into the top level apache-2.0 directory, merge in
> the 1.3.8 diffs

> then version all the files 1.1.

I don't see the point, you'd lose the (meagre) revision history we already
have in mpm.  That revision history is important to the MPM development.
It's just numbers.

View raw message