httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander van Zoest <san...@mp3.com>
Subject .cvsignore lines breaking re-import
Date Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:00:26 GMT

In the midst of moving data from CVSup'd Apache source into our own
CVS repository, I have had several .cvsignore files bite me. I am not
very familiar with the .cvsignore files, but I thought you might want
to be aware of this issue.

apache-1.3/.cvsignore
    contains 'Makefile.*' which means that when I do an export from CVSup
    and then import into our CVS tree I lose the Makefile.tmpl file.
apache-1.3/src/modules/extra/.cvsignore
    same issue as above except this .cvsignore contains '*'. which seemed
    to have caused the directory to be ignored entirely. which caused an
    --add-module to fail on the copy to the non-existant extra directory.
...possibly others.

I have added the missing files back in manually, but somewhat defeats the
purpose of a distribution import.

Cheers,

--
Sander van Zoest                                             sander@mp3.com
High Geek                                                    (858) 623-7442