httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: v1.3.9 - runtime problem under Solaris v2.6
Date Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:02:46 GMT

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Should I be using only GNU tools? Only gcc + sun tools? Can anyone
> explain to me what the problem could be?

On solaris, either pure sun, and sun only, or GCC with sun assembler and
linker. You can force the latter with the -B flag. Or else make sure
/usr/ccs/bin is _before_ /usr/ucb.

This is quite a FAQ in the solaris world; and a quick google reveals that
this shows up in half a dozen FAQs of things like, perl and what not.
See question 3 on the Solaris Migration faq for a good summary, or 6.2 of
the solaris FAQ.

But I agree, it is easy to waste hours on just fiddling with the compliler
flags, link orders and path orders. Especially if your customer really
does not want to fork out on the sun compiler.

Dw