httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject RE: 1.3.8: One more bug...
Date Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:10:04 GMT

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Randy Terbush wrote:

> This morning, we were talking about 2 minor changes to 2 files.
> Certainly not major enough to warrant a version change or test period.

I absolutely agree.

> The test period had elapsed and those were the 2 show stoppers that
> came out of it. We had completed builds on 20+ platforms. Only one had
> a fatal problem.

..cut..

What we are doing is difficult. And we are not going to solve it by
ditching an entire 1.3.8 and go for a 1.3.9 some time later. With perhaps
a new RM and a 'fresh' start. Let's hammer on a

	1.3.8 candiate 2

and iron out that one fatal platform which as an issue; and do as little
as possible to make the show stopper bearable.

Otherwise it is out complexity and perfection which is going to hit us
again and again. Lets please.. finish this sequence in a relatively stable
sequence. Before we all start commiting what we have held back ..just
before 1.3.9 goes out. That kills us.

Dw.