httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: general/4812: Addition of the mod_auth_mysql module
Date Wed, 04 Aug 1999 10:46:32 GMT

Actually historically this is not quite right; I maintained a
mod_auth_msql module in apache for quite a while, and kept a
mod_auth_mysql module outside apache for licence reasons.

At some moment we deceided to drop both; as they where too obscure.
I am seeing about 80-120 downloads a week for those modules; and
it generates moderate mail; one or two a day.

I think we have a general issue here with the information in
modules.apache.org; even though anyone can put in the apache
licence at the top of their code, it is not that contribet.

I think in the long run we should have a larger page which has
a long(er) list of such modules, all under the apache licence,
all contributed, with a place in CVS and butraq; but possibly
more maintained by mostly the original author than by the group.

Dw