httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: PATCH: ap_md5c.c understands SHA1 (Netscape web server) passwords
Date Mon, 02 Aug 1999 20:25:22 GMT

> - making the functions named ap_SHA1Init(), ap_SHA1Encode(), etc to mirror
>   the md5 stuff would be nicer; also, the above sha1 is missing the ap_
>   prefixes.

> - sha1_final does not produce an array of char - instead you have to
>   generate that yourself out of the 5 long's.

Fair enough :-) you want to do this, or should I do it ?

> - the base64 stuff is somewhat redundant - base64 encoding is already in
>   src/main/util.c

Ah, I found already two double ones of that which I removed; so there
is yet another one. mm, that looks quite identical indeed. Ok,

> - the update only works for binary - no EBCDIC conversion.

True point; I'll be fixing this this; and moving that util function
into the ap_* set, so that support/* can use it too with ease.

Dw.