httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: PATCH: ap_md5c.c understands SHA1 (Netscape web server) passwords
Date Sun, 01 Aug 1999 14:18:17 GMT

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> >Thanks for sharing this Clinton. 1.3.7 has just been completed, so
> >we'll attempt to add this to a future release.
>
> There is a different implementation of SHA1 in the new digest auth
> patches, using separate ap_sha1.c+.h files.  I have no idea how they
> compare, but I know it doesn't belong in ap_md5.c.

Arg, I missed that.

I just took Clif's, separated it out into ap_md5.c, ap_sha1.c and created
an extra 'ap_checkpass.c' which just contains the passwd validator for
MD5, crypt(), plain and SHA1. Only the latter get's ref-ed from the
modules mod_auth, mod_auth_db etc.

Looks like I have to restart this.

Dw.