httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ottati, Michael" <michael.ott...@compaq.com>
Subject RE: Slight problem with 1.3.8 for AIX
Date Wed, 11 Aug 1999 07:40:01 GMT
I am getting the same problem on a Tandem build. I believe that it has to do
with some assumption and how the Makefile.config file is generated.

In my src/Makefile.config, I have the following line when I configure with
auth_digest

Makefile.config:LIBS1=  -L/usr/local/lib -lrand

In answer to a question below about AIX, Yes Tandem has a random number
library, and no it is not kept where Makefile.config has assumed it will be.
I know in our case if the compiler can't find a library that is specified on
the CC line, it will barf with an error. Perhaps you are seeing the same
behaviour on AIX?

I have not traced it all the way back to be sure on this but it is very
suspicious.