httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: 1.3.8: One more bug...
Date Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:12:24 GMT
>No more turd polishing, please, people.  One more confusion
in this and I'm going to declare 1.3.8 a total loss, and
>we go to 1.3.9.

1.3.8 already went out to the testers.  There should not be any
retagging at all.  If there are problems, 1.3.8 doesn't get released
and we move to 1.3.9.

I really don't like all this screwing around with the release timing.
It takes 36 hours to give all the right people enough time to evaluate
a question or test a HEAD or test a tarball.  Squeezing any of those
decisions into "enough time for three +1s" misses the whole point.
When we start making sales promises about release dates, we can
start worrying about rushing a release.

....Roy