httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: Where to start the Apache 2.0 code base
Date Fri, 06 Aug 1999 02:27:18 GMT
>I also think it's pretty much essential that a collaborative project have
>some programmers actually coding.  A lot of this thread to me seems like a
>few folks saying "gee I wish I had the time, if I did, I'd do it this
>``nice'' way, and I really don't think any of you should continue until
>you've done that work for me".

Except, of course, that its the exact opposite of what I've been saying
the entire thread.  I'll do the work, and I explicitly don't want you
to stop while I'm doing it.  All I need is a merge point at 1.3.8, before
things get messy with APR, which was your plan as well.  I don't even
know why I am bothering to discuss it.

....Roy