httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: Where to start the Apache 2.0 code base
Date Fri, 06 Aug 1999 00:12:03 GMT
>> 1.3.x -> experiment -> revamp -> rehash -> new idea -> aha! basis for
2.0

>cool, a long history of changes which shows what failed and what
>succeeded.

You must be looking at some other repository.  Do a cvs log on any of
the main files in the mpm repository.

>> The history for that is incredibly hard to follow.  Whereas if the
>> history looked more like
>>
>> 1.3.x -> aha! basis for 2.0
>
>aha!  total confusion, no history, we're doomed to repeat our mistakes!

It's better than nothing, which is what we have now.

>come on guys, nobody is even going to look at this stuff, your examples
>and my two above are all just handwaving.

And the last time I heard that was when we talked about CVS branches.
If you can prove we don't need it, I won't do it.  I can't prove it is
needed, but I think it is.

I don't see why this issue is any different than you deciding how to
design mpm.  Repositories are software too.

....Roy