httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (apache-1.3) Sun Aug 1 23:45:06 EDT 1999
Date Tue, 03 Aug 1999 23:05:26 GMT
>Leave 1.3.8-dev open for fixes and addition of outstanding 3rd-party
>patches until this Friday, 6 August 1999, at 17H00 EDT.  At that
>point, attention goes to testing and fixing only those problems found
>in the testing.  If no showstoppers seem to be introduced, then
>we roll on Thursday, 12 August and release to the -testers lists.
>If nothing comes up, we release on Monday, 16 August.
>
>How does that sound?

Too long.  The tarball should be done roughly 24 hours after committing
is stopped, to give time for us to test compile our own development
servers.  After the tarball it takes about 36 hours to find out if there
are any problems.  If none are reported within those 36 hours, and at least
three of us have given a +1 to the release, then it gets copied to the
main sites at that point.  The release announcement can occur 24 hours
after that.  The only thing that needs to be scheduled is the day at
which committing stops, and Friday seems reasonable for that.

Unless a problem is identified, it will be released on August 9th.

....Roy