httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Iain Brown <i...@iain.com>
Subject Re: Win 95 and 98.
Date Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:16:49 GMT
RB> I would like to consider no longer supporting 95 and 98 on Apache 2.0.  Of
RB> course, we will do anything possible to make these platforms work, but MS
RB> doesn't consider these to be server platforms.  Why do we continue totell
RB> people Apache works on them.

Should it really matter what MS claims? 95 and 98 don't have a
restrictive connection license as NT workstation, so you'd be limiting
yourself to NT server only. Which of course, comes bundled with IIS...
I don't know the technical issues, of course, but I'd really like to
see support for a MS platform which isn't already dominated by MS.

 - Iain                           mailto:iain@iain.com